Monday, May 25, 2009

Wedding Update


It is probably time for a wedding update. We have about two months to go until the big day. My dress came in and we picked it up on Saturday. It fits PERFECT! No alterations needed. Yeah!!


Engagement photos were so much fun to take. We met with Dawn our photographer in Jacksonville. I met Dawn and her twin sister Jodi several years ago on a UF trip to Costa Rica. We have been friends ever since and they are close friends of Allison's as well. Dawn is a wonderful photographer and we loved her fun style. Here is a link to her blog http://www.dawnmckinstry.com/blog/ and also our enagement photos http://dawnmckinstry.smugmug.com/gallery/8155140_RqDoL/1/532152492_gosYf. I haven't ordered my pictures yet, but it is on my list to do.



Pictures of the flower kids at Easter. I think Kaity is practicing her model pose and Will is trying to be tough.



We ordered a cake not too long ago. We were going to order it from our local grocery store, but after learning it really wasn't going to be any cheaper and I have heard other people have had problems we decided just to order it from someone who actually did that for a living. Luke is really excited about it. It is three tiers and the bottom layer is vanilla cake with raspberry filling then the other two layers are chocolate cake with a amaretto filling. It will be made by Ms. Debbie in Newberry FL. Check out her website at http://msdebbie.homestead.com/.

Our honeymoon is set and confirmed. We are traveling to Metacumbe Resort in Islamorada, FL. It is in the FL Keys. We will be going Aug 22-29th. If you have not heard the story of our honeymoon it is a special gift from a friend of ours in the horticulture industry. We were not going to be able to go on a honeymoon, but after our friend won the trip at our annual Landscape Industry Trade Show he presented it to me at our monthly meeting as a wedding present. We couldn't have been more shocked or excited.

We have our rings too. I have posted a picture of them They actually look very similar to Chris and Laura's. I have also posted my engagement ring in case no one has seen it.


I'm not sure you can tell, but it looks like a flower. Very pretty.

1 comment:

Dawn McKinstry said...

Erin, I had a blast with you guys at your engagement session. Really, you two make my job easy. I can't wait for your wedding!